IN 2016 I didn’t set any New Year’s Resolutions. Mainly because I was 5 months pregnant and was pretty sure the feat of bringing a human life into the world, and keeping said life alive, is a big enough resolution in itself.
This year is a little different. That little human is alive and thriving and I’ve reached a point where I halfway feel like I know what I’m doing….most days…I’m also more confident and definitely feel a little more sure of what I’m wanting out of life.
The definition of “resolution” is the firm decision to do or not to do something. if there is anything that 2016 has taught me it’s that nothing is “firm” whether you decide to do it or not.
So this year I’m setting some New Year’s Intentions. I choose intentions because these are the things I am aiming for in 2017, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are finite things that need to be marked off my list. Just some areas where I feel like I deserve the space to grow.
2017 New Year’s Intentions
- Do more yoga – both on the mat and off the mat.
- Be more conscious about what I’m putting into my body – no diets or weight loss goals, just smart decisions.
- Keep my priorities in check – having a little human will do this to you. Everyday I am reminded that there is so much more that is bigger than what I’m worried about in that moment.
- Get off of my phone – this goes hand-in-hand with #2, but felt like it deserved it’s own line.
- Learn to say “no” more often – I am the Queen of spreading myself too thin. I’m reminding myself that it is OK to say no and recognize when I need my space and my time.
Now, being the type-A person that I am. I do need a few things that I can really check-off my list..
- Pay off my credit card and vehicle
- Read more – fiction, nonfiction, whatever strikes my fancy
- Write two posts a month
There you have it; My 2017 Intentions. Posted here for everyone to see and help hold me accountable, and maybe spark some inspiration too. : )
What’s On the Rack:
Over the holidays I drank copious amounts of Pop’s Reserve – a local legend that is released around Thanksgiving and has limited availability. It’s really sweet and smooth. I typically stay away from the sweet stuff, but it’s not a Southern Indiana Christmas without Pop’s.